Monday, September 3, 2012

Mt Barker painting workshop - brushwork

I hosted a painting workshop in my home town on Saturday. The principal subject for this workshop was "loose brushwork" and three-colour palettes.


We had a great bunch of people, including a few who were new to oils and some who hadn't used oils for a while. Some terrific work was done with a range of styles showing through.

Here's my 25x35cm (10x14") demonstration piece, completed with one flat synthetic brush about 2cm wide. I popped it in a spare frame at the finish.


I spoke about tonal under-painting, complementary colours, warms and cools and keeping the brushstrokes simple and as large as practical for as long as possible. The demonstrated technique lends itself well to plein air work.

I'm available to do workshops or demonstrations throughout the Great Southern, from Walpole to Kojonup, Katanning and Albany. Enquiries are also welcome from outside the region. If you have a group interested in a painting workshop, drop me a line at adolphin@westnet.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment