Thursday, August 1, 2013

Still different - another plein air teaser

I went back out to my new favourite location this afternoon and, after walking around taking photos for almost two hours, I got my gear together to do a painting before sunset.

I decided, for reasons unknown, to do a large painting this time. In fact, I think this is the biggest plein air painting I've ever done.

I also adopted a style very different to what I usually do. This is an approach that's appealed to me for years and I've occasionally done small sketches that come close, but more by accident than by design. This time I set out with the intention of doing a combination abstract-impressionist piece. I think this style could fairly be labelled contemporary impressionism.

Here's the location shot and, if I ever get a chance, I'll post a proper photo of the finished piece (along with a couple of others I haven't photographed yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment